Foreign citizens arriving on flights from the Russian Federation will not be able to apply for visas at the DAF. Therefore, they must obtain visas at one of the embassies or consulates of the Republic of Belarus prior to their arrival.
For further details applicant may visit the below link http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/info/d72e8d0162feaad1.html
Visa fee is paid by the foreign citizen at the DAF visa desk upon arrival at Minsk National Airport in cash.
To see the rates of consular fees for the processing of visa on arrival application at the National Airport Minsk please click the link below.
Visa support documents (an original invitation and its copy) should be submitted to the DAF by an inviting organization/person at least 2 business days before the expected arrival date.
In case of a relative's death or critical illness, visa support documents may be submitted by applicants on arrival.
Short-term student visas may be obtained on arrival only in the presence of a representative of the institution that has issued an invitation.
Visa support documents should be submitted to the information desk of the DAF at sector 1/2 of the airport, ground floor, on a working day from 10.30 to 16.30. Visa support documents may be also sent by post (Division for the Admission of Foreigners of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Minsk International Airport, 220054 Minsk). Contact phones: +375 17 279 20 58, +375 17 279 28 72.
Private or tourist visa applications may be also submitted to "Centrkurort" (praspiekt Pieramožcaū, 19-30, Minsk; phones: +375 17 226 91 00, +375 29 384 36 08) at least 4 business days before the expected arrival date.
Besides, visa support documents may be submitted to one of the following regional offices of "Centrkurort" at least 7 business days prior to arrival:
The list of documents required in order to obtain a visa to Belarus
1. A standard visa application form in one (1) copy.
- It should be borne in mind that a visa application form must be filled out in a legible handwriting or typed in the national language of the host country of a foreign institution, in the Belarusian, Russian or English languages.
- Answers to the questions of the visa application form must be complete and logically consistent. In the application form, it is mandatory to indicate the actual purpose of a trip. The visa application form must be signed by the foreign citizen personally. The visa application form for a minor must be signed by his/her legal representative.
2. One (1) photograph according to the international standard: size 35х45 mm, on a light background, high resolution; in addition, the face must occupy 80% of the photograph; the photograph must not be older than six (6) months.
3. A foreign travel document– a passport or its replacement document — must contain a photograph of the owner.
- If children under 18 years old intend to travel abroad, a foreign travel document must contain the photographs of such persons.
- It is important to know that a passport must have at least two (2) blank pages intended for visa; its issue date must not be older than ten (10) years.
- Besides, a foreign travel document submitted by a foreigner must not be dubious in terms of authenticity or ownership; it must not contain any torn or unbound pages, entries or corrections that are not certified by the relevant competent authorities.
4. A medical insurance contract concluded with RUE Belgosstrakh or Beleximgarant or a medical insurance contract concluded with any foreign insurance organization.
- A medical insurance contract must contain the following data: the name of the foreign insurance organization, its country and registered address, contact data (phone numbers, e-mail), the full name of the foreign citizen.
- The insurance contract must cover the territory of the Republic of Belarus; it must also be valid for the total period of the foreigner's stay in Belarus. The limit of indemnity must not be less than EUR 10 000.
5. A confirmation of the consular fee paid (see the consular fee rate on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus: www.mfa.gov.by).
6. In certain cases, additional documents at the request of a consular officer in order to issue or deny a visa.